Our target for the day was to fix potholes and resurface patches of trail using material that had been shifted the previous day. Once again, it was a nice change to concentrate on fixing bits of trail rather than fix bits of trail. There is a light at the end of the tunnel – the trail has stood up really well to a lot of rain recently.
Kristian, Jez, Phil, Jerome and myself (Tom) started out by compactorising around 60m of resurfaced trail near the pond. Chris and Gary (new Gary) arrived whilst we were doing this.
With that completed we moved back to the car park and shifted the last of the limestone onto the north side trail. We drained out several pot holes first.
Then we resurfaced a section next to the tennis courts using material that had been delivered the previous day and again draining out a few pot holes first. A small pot hole near the start of the south side was also fixed.
Another stash of limestone had been left by the monument and we used this to fix some boggy areas on the nearby trail (motorway 1).
Finally we sorted out the trail at the end of the woodwork section. This had several bricks and slabs poking through the surface. These were smashed up with the sledge hammer and then new limestone was tipped on top.
Big thanks to all of those who helped.
- 1 Jerome
- 2 Jez
- 3 Kristian
- 4 Chris
- 5 Gary (new Gary)
- 6 Phil
- 7 Tom
We had 16 on the Saturday and 7 on Sunday (5 were common to both, so 18 people in total helped this weekend).
- Loads of info on the pond corner here (first dug in Oct 2008, some surfaced in Feb 2009, some more in Nov 2009 , a few uprated bits in March 2011 plus the berm and link in Dec 2011)!
- South side was originally built in Nov and Dec 2008, modified in Sept 2009 and rebuilt in Dec 2011.
- The tennis court corners were originally built in Nov 2008, rebuilt in April 2009, patched up in Feb 2012 more in March 2012 and more in Sept 2012.
- The north and south sides were patched on 15th/16th Dec 2012.
- The woodwork section was surfaced in Feb 2011 part 1 & part 2. The woodwork itself was finished in April 2010.