The 2013 alps trip is in two parts:
- Week 1: Sat 3rd – Sat 10th Aug – catered chalet in Venosc (Les Deux Alpes, Alpe D’Huez 25 minutes away)
- Week 2: Sat 10th- Sat 17th Aug – catered chalet in Morzine (Portes Du Soleil region
You can opt to come for either week or both. Both sets of accommodation have flexibility so you could do a bridging week with some time at both if you wanted to.
Last year we had 22 riders who spent a week in Morzine. Photos here.
Week 2: Morzine
Morzine is in the centre of the Portes Du Soleil region close to Geneva and Lac Leman (aka Lake Geneva). It was one of the first ski areas to promote mountain biking and has an extensive network of lifts, trails, dh runs, xc tours and a whole load of off-piste trails. Our photos from 2012 and 2011 should give you an idea of what to expect. It’s not all super gnarly dh trails!
We’ve also got some videos.
We will be staying at Chalet Flo with Ski and Summer Morzine. They are sponsoring our gravity team in 2013. They can also help if you are interested in winter holidays at special rates for club members.
- Room for 22
- Bed, breakfast, three course evening meal
- Free wine/beer with evening meal
- Afternoon cake
- Bike wash
- Secure bike storage
- Games room including table football and honesty bar
- A few minutes from the Morzine lifts by bike
- Club member price £350, loyalty price £315 (for those who visited in 2012). ( List price £385)
- Single room supplement = £70pppw.
- Airport transfers available for £60 pp return.
To reserve a place please contact Ski and Summer Morzine via email or telephone them on 01932 837639.
£150pp deposit and the balance 12 weeks before departure.
What you get:
- Ensuite accommodation
- Evening meal with free wine
- Riding companions. Mixed ability groups covering most options. Organised as a free for all!
- Help with bike maintenance
What you need to arrange: