This is a one day course with Wolverest group that provides a certificate in basic first aid. It is based at their training centre in Swindon. Read our first aid story to see why training can really make a difference. Photos from the Nov 2013 course.
It will cost £40 per person inclusive. Meeting at 9:00am at the Wolverest Training school. 21 Cherry Orchard North, Kembrey Park, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 8UH. Details such as lunch are not confirmed yet.
There’s room for 12 people on a first come, first served basis. To book send an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘First aid training’ and we will get in touch with payment details.
- Initial care of the scene and patient
- Fears of first aid
- Road safety
- Barriers – gloves and face shields
- Initial assessment
- Breathing unconscious patient and recovery position
- Cardiac problems
- One rescuer CPR
- Chest compressions only
- CPR hand over to a second rescuer
- Other primary care problems
- Serious bleeding and types of wounds
- Spinal injury
- Snatch rescue (removing a patient from a dangerous situation)
- Specific injury management
- Breaks and fractures
- Embedded objects
- Eye injuries
- Head injury and helmet removal
- Chest injury