Sharon Bassingdale will be leading this ride on Sunday 16th March.
10am start from the Chilterns gateway centre.
Ride will be 17miles of relaxed pace, undulating but not mad hilly terrain, across the chalky Dunstable downs
Chiltern gateway centre, whipsnade road, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 2GY.
01582 590920. If you get lost.
- OS Grid Ref: 165/166:TL002189
- NT café within the Gateway Centre open 10-5pm
- The National Trust gift shop within the Chilterns Gateway Centre specialises in a wide range of kites and other gifts
- Parking at Dunstable Downs off B451 (£2); Whipsnade Tree Cathedral, B4540 (off the village green); Bison Hill off B4540; Whipsnade crossroads, junction of B4541 and B4540
- Coach parking – space for three coaches only at Dunstable, booking essential (no other coach facilities)
- Walks at waymarked routes, multi-user trail to Five Knolls and regular guided walks
- Kite flying all year round
- Dogs welcome under close control, on leads near livestock
- Cycling – public bridleway giving cyclists shared access. Route is part of Icknield Way Trail
This is a national trust site so usual national trust rules apply.
There is a cute little shop selling local produce and gifts also on site