This is an easy paced novice friendly route along the escarpment of the Vale of Pewsey, led by Richard Ford.
From Knap Hill we will head to Martinsell (taking in a fun bit of single track in Gopher Woods on the way) for one of the best views in the area. We then head to West Woods for conditions permitting a bit more woodland riding before heading back and enjoying the fun (but easy) descent down Goldenball Hill.
Directions from Swindon
- Take the A4361 to Avebury.
- At the right bend in the road (after the Red Lion Pub) turn left to take the B4003
- The B4003 comes to a T junction with the A4. Turn left.
- Take the next right (after about ¼ mile). Sign posted East Kennet.
- Drive through East Kennet and follow the road to a T junction.
- Turn right at the T junction.
- Follow the road for two miles. The car park is on the left just after three houses on the right. Be careful, it is rather difficult to see until you are right on top of it and quite easy to drive past. If you start going down the hill into the Vale of Pewsey you have gone too far.