Hilda-May Latham will be leading the Goldenballs ride, using the route previously used by Richard Ford. This is an easy-paced novice friendly route along the escarpment of the Vale of Pewsey on the Marlborough Downs.
From Knap Hill we will head to Martinsell via a fun bit of single track through Gopher Woods. The route offers some of the best views in the area. We then head to West Woods for a bit more woodland riding before heading back and enjoying the fun descent down Goldenball Hill.
The car park is a popular spot for outdoor lovers, hence the early (9.00am) start. Please share cars where possible.
Directions from Swindon
- Take the A4361 to Avebury.
- At the right bend in the road (after the Red Lion Pub) turn left to take the B4003
- The B4003 comes to a T junction with the A4. Turn left.
- Take the next right (after about ¼ mile). Sign posted East Kennet.
- Drive through East Kennet and follow the road to a T junction.
- Turn right at the T junction.
- Follow the road for two miles. The car park is on the left just after three houses on the right. Be careful, it is rather difficult to see until you are right on top of it and quite easy to drive past. If you start going down the hill into the Vale of Pewsey you have gone too far.